The Mayor of Cologne and other officials have defended the waves of Muslim migrants pouring into Germany after large groups of Arab and North African men sexually assaulted women and teenage girls on New Years Eve in several incidents across the country.
Dozens of women in Cologne and others in Hamburg and Stuttgart were groped and molested on the evening of December 31 during a wave of attacks that have shocked the country and led to protests.
After mobs hurled fireworks at people to provide a distraction, groups of aggressive, intoxicated young men surrounded young women, with one eyewitness telling of how the culprits targeted his partner and 15-year-old daughter. “The attackers grabbed her and my partner’s breasts and groped them between their legs,” he said.
“They were trying to hug us, kiss us. One man stole my friend’s bag,” another woman told the BBC, adding that the men tried to force her and her friend into a “private taxi” and that they felt their lives were threatened.
“The men surrounded us and started to grab our behinds and touch our crotches,” another woman told CNN, adding that she ran to police fearing for her life but they were understaffed and unable to help.
300 women demonstrated at Cologne’s main train station today with placards that read, “Mrs Merkel! Where are you? What do you say? This alarms us!”
However, the Mayor of Cologne, Henriette Reker, prompted further outrage when she asserted, “It’s completely improper… to link a group that appeared to come from North Africa with the refugees.”
Reker is an ardent supporter of Germany’s contentious refugee program, commenting last year, “When I speak of refugees, I don’t speak of desperate measures and burdens but instead of potential and opportunity.”
Reker’s attempt to absolve migrants of blame is completely disingenuous.For a start, many of the migrants flooding into Germany are from North Africa and secondly video footage clearly backs up eyewitness reports that many of the men in the immediate area where the assaults took place were of Arab appearance.
Police also confirmed that the culprits were “asylum seekers”.
Despite the fact that a police officer told the Express news website that the perpetrators, “were all asylum seekers, carrying copies of their residence certificates,” mainstream news outlets like the BBC reported that “there was no official confirmation that asylum seekers had been involved in the violence.”
Apparently, the BBC doesn’t think that the police represents an “official” body.
Reker’s assertion that the sexual assaults have nothing to do with the country’s refugee problem is also contradicted by the innumerable cases of rapes that have occurred in and around migrant camps across Germany, perpetrated by men of both North African and Middle Eastern origin.
Schools in Germany are also telling young girls not to wear shorts or mini-skirts so as not to provoke sexual attacks by the migrants.
According to Anabel Schunke, a writer for Huffington Post Deutschland, police in Cologne initially refused to describe the appearance of the suspects when asking for witnesses so as “to protect public order.”
German Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere also warned that the reports should not, “lead to a situation in which refugees seeking protection here are placed under general suspicion irrespective of their origin.”
However, German police have previously been ordered to cover-up rapes and other crimes being committed by migrants so as not to “legitimize” critics of mass immigration.
Police in other European countries such as Finland have also been ordered by higher-ups not to publicly identify migrants as criminal suspects over concerns that doing so would encourage a ‘racist’ backlash against the wave of asylum seekers entering Scandinavia.
SUBSCRIBE on YouTube:
Follow on Twitter: Follow @PrisonPlanet
The Reopen America Back to School Special is now live! Earn double Patriot Points on our hottest items!