Yemen’s Red Crescent Society disclosed that tens of children have died as a result of inhaling the poisonous gases of the Saudi bombs thrown on the people in Sana’a.
“We will display a video on the death of tens of children who died after inhaling poisonous gases,” an official of Yemen’s Red Crescent Society, Abdollah Maboud Al-Shokri, told FNA on Sunday.
He noted that the bomb explosions in the Saudi airstrikes not only destroy a large number of homes, but also create a thick cloud of poisonous and fatal gases.
Yemeni officials had already warned that the bombs that the Saudi regime has used in Sana’a were different from those used in other parts of Yemen.
They said that the bombs were of the very rare and dangerous type that resulted in the suffocation of the residents of the affected regions.
On Friday, eyewitnesses said that Saudi Arabia has used internationally banned weapons in its aerial bombardment on an area near Sana’a.
According to aid workers and Yemeni locals, the Saudi warplanes used prohibited arms in their airstrikes on Fag Atta area in Southern Sana’a on Friday.
Saudi Arabia has been striking Yemen for 25 days now to restore power to fugitive president Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh. The Saudi-led aggression has so far killed at least 2,645 Yemenis, including hundreds of women and children.
Hadi stepped down in January and refused to reconsider the decision despite calls by Ansarullah revolutionaries of the Houthi movement.
Despite Riyadh’s claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi warplanes are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures.
Five Persian Gulf States — Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Bahrain, Qatar and Kuwait — and Egypt that are also assisted by Israel and backed by the US declared war on Yemen in a joint statement issued on March 26.