San Antonio Express-News
April 27, 2009
As the number of suspected or confirmed local cases of swine flu climbed to 12, the Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City Independent School District said Sunday it will close all its schools for at least one week.
[efoods]The district also canceled today’s planned public meeting at Steele High School in Cibolo, where the two Texas cases of swine flu were confirmed last week.
Another 10 suspected cases are being tested — all from the school district or household contacts of the infected students, and ranging from a 6-year-old to people in their 40s, Dr. Sandra Guerra, regional medical director for the Texas Department of State Health Services, said Sunday.
And there may be more out there.
Linda Moses of Cibolo said she’s been sick with vomiting, diahrrea and a cough, and both of her sons have shown flu symptoms as well. One attends Clemens High School.
“I allowed him to go over and spend time with his grandparents, which I’m a little worried about now, because that’s the last thing they need,” Moses said.
She hasn’t been to a doctor yet, but said with the news of the district-wide closure, she’s planning to see one as soon as possible.
Boost your vitamin D intake today with Winter Sun Plus now at 50% off!