August 23, 2012
The next court appearance of five men charged over the 9/11 attacks has been delayed until Thursday due to an Internet outage, the presiding judge said Tuesday.
The preliminary hearings at a U.S. military court in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba had already been pushed back so that the accused could observe the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, and were due to run from Wednesday through August 28.
But the Internet failure prompted defense attorneys to ask Judge James Pohl for more time to prepare, and the motion to delay was granted. The hearings will now begin at 9:00 am (13:00 GMT) on Thursday, the judge said in his ruling.
The Reopen America Back to School Special is now live! Save up to 60% on our most popular items!