One rule for you, another rule for them
Paul Joseph Watson
January 28, 2013
The fact that Senator Dianne Feinstein’s gun control bill exempts government officials from the planned semi-auto assault weapons ban illustrates the astounding hypocrisy of gun control advocates who, while working feverishly to disarm the American people, own firearms and surround themselves with armed men.
As the Washington Times reported last week, “Mrs. Feinstein’s measure would exempt more than 2,200 types of hunting and sporting rifles; guns manually operated by bolt, pump, lever or slide action; and weapons used by government officials.”
Feinstein’s hypocrisy has been matched or surpassed by virtually every other public figure now pushing for the second amendment to be eviscerated.
– While Obama claims that semi-automatic assault rifles should only be in the hands of members of the military, the Department of Homeland Security has purchased no less than 7,000 fully automatic assault weapons for the purposes of “personal defense,” in addition to more than 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition over the last 10 months alone.
– While refusing to even consider the idea of arming teachers and school officials to prevent school shootings,Obama recently signed a law that would give him and all past and future presidents armed Secret Service protection for life.
– During an ABC Nightline interview broadcast on December 26 yet recorded before the Sandy Hook shooting, Obama said one of the benefits of his re-election was the ability “to have men with guns around at all times,” in order to protect his daughters. In addition, the school attended by Obama’s daughters in Washington D.C. has no less than 11 armed security guards on duty at all times.
– A new investigation by the Daily Caller has found that Media Matters For America, a pro-gun control organization that admittedly conspires with the White House to influence news, hired a staffer to carry a firearm to protect founder David Brock. The staffer had no permit to carry a concealed firearm and was later hit with multiple felony charges. The Glock handgun used to defend Brock was bought using Media Matters’ funds.
– When investigative reporter Jason Mattera asked New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg if he plans to disarm his entire security team to comply with his own gun control mandate, Mattera was accosted, harrassed and followed by security and Bloomberg refused to answer the question.
– Michael Moore, another vehement proponent for gun control, also has armed bodyguards, one of whom was arrested for carrying an unlicensed weapon at New York’s JFK airport back in 2005.
– Despite the fact that its subsidiary Warner Bros. routinely distributes blockbuster movies that are replete with gratuitous gun violence, Time Warner Cable recently issued a company-wide ban on television ads that show “guns pointed at people.”
– Numerous celebrities involved in a PSA campaign called ‘Demand a Plan’ that exploited the Sandy Hook massacre to push for gun control routinely star in movies and television productions in which depictions of gun violence is commonplace.
– Prominent gun control advocates like Piers Morgan, who base their argument on reducing gun violence, routinely threaten violence against ideological adversaries. Morgan once spoke of his desire to use machine guns to “take out” his critics, while also making jokes with his guests about murdering second amendment advocate Alex Jones with a semi-automatic assault rifle during his CNN show on January 8.
The agenda-driven and factually bankrupt political arguments of gun control advocates may be somewhat easier to stomach if the people making them were not rampant hypocrites who – while calling for the American people to be stripped of their right to bear arms – are precluding themselves from being subjected to the same treatment.