Donald Trump spokeswoman Kellyanne Conway left the option of pursuing charges against Hillary Clinton open during an interview Friday.
Speaking with ABC News, Conway told George Stephanopolous that some Trump administration officials may still want to re-examine the former Secretary of State’s mishandling of classified emails.
“You talk about the bruising campaign, it seemed to continue last night in Cincinnatti. You had that crowd chanting, ‘Lock her up! Lock her up!’” Stephanopolous said.
“That’s the way they feel, and there will be officials who are in charge of such things in the Trump administration who may look at that again,” Conway stated, adding that Trump last week said he was looking beyond Clinton and focusing on a succsessful transition.
“Wait, so you’re suggesting now that the Trump administration may actually pursue prosecution?” Stephanopolous asked.
Reiterating Trump’s statements to the New York Times last week, Conway argued, “No, I’m not suggesting that at all. That would be something I would not be able to say.”
But Conway went on to add: “Of course, the Dept. of Justice, the different committees, the FBI perhaps can take a different look, but nobody expects that. No one is talking about that right now.”
The Trump team stirred controversy last week when Conway stated Trump had no formal plans of pursuing charges against Clinton, and instead wanted her to “heal.”
WATCH: Trump: Hillary Being Brought To Justice Not Off The Table