President Trump said Tuesday the U.S. will not launch a full-scale war in Syria, seeking to ease concerns that last week’s missile strike could escalate American involvement in that country’s civil war.

“We’re not going into Syria,” Trump said in an interview with Fox Business Network.

Trump suggested his decision last week to launch 59 cruise missiles at a Syrian air base used in a sarin gas attack was purely intended to curb Syrian leader Bashar Assad’s use of chemical weapons against his own people.

“But when I see people using horrible, horrible chemical weapons – which they agreed not to use under the Obama administration, but they violated it,” the president said.

Read More


Related Articles