An internal Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) document produced recently shows that the U.S. knew that the actions of “the West, Gulf countries and Turkey” in Syria might create a terrorist group like ISIS and an Islamic caliphate.
While the powers-that-be have tried to downplay the significance of the document, the former head of the DIA – Lieutenant General Michael Flynn – just confirmed its importance.
By any measure, Flynn was a top-level American military commander. Flynn served as:
- The Director of the U.S. Intelligence Agency
- The Director of intelligence for Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC), the main military agency responsible for targeting Al-Qaeda and other Islamic terrorists
- The Commander of the Joint Functional Component Command for Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance
- The Chair of the Military Intelligence Board
- Assistant director of national intelligence
Flynn confirmed the authenticity of the document in a new interview, and said:
[Interviewer] So the administration turned a blind eye to your analysis?
[Flynn] I don’t know that they turned a blind eye, I think it was a decision. I think it was a willful decision.
[Interviewer] A willful decision to support an insurgency that had Salafists, Al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood?
[Flynn] It was a willful decision to do what they’re doing.
Postscript: We did the same thing in Libya.