Nicholas Casey and José de Córdoba
The Wall Street Journal
April 13, 2011
MEXICO CITY—For the first time in Mexico’s drug war, the U.S. government said its employees and citizens could be the targets of drug gangs in three Mexican states, a disclosure that could signal danger for Americans south of the border.
The little-noticed warning, published last Friday in a warden’s message from the U.S. Consulate General in Monterrey, said U.S. officials had “information that Mexican criminal gangs may intend to attack U.S. law-enforcement officers or U.S. citizens in the near future in Tamaulipas, Nuevo León and San Luis Potosí.”
In Tamaulipas state, 32 bodies were found in mass graves on a ranch on Tuesday, bringing the total discovered there since last week to 120, authorities said. On Friday, the U.S. State Department said an American man was reported kidnapped from a bus in the state, but it wasn’t known if he was among the dead.
Infowars' most powerful product is back in stock! Get DNA Force Plus up to 50% off now!