TV by the Numbers
December 3, 2009
In a year that has seen truTV reach new heights in popularity,the networkscored another triumph Wednesday night with the premiere of its original series CONSPIRACY THEORY WITH JESSE VENTURA. The premiere episodewas watched by 1.6 million viewers, truTV’s biggest audience ever for a new series launch.
“CONSPIRACY THEORY is the latest success story in a year that is well on its way to being truTV’s best ever,” said Marc Juris, executive vice president and general manager of truTV/IN SESSION. “We couldn’t be more thrilled with the success of this show, and we’re very happy to be working with Jesse Ventura.”
CONSPIRACY THEORY Ratings Highlights:
• CONSPIRACY THEORY WITH JESSE VENTURA premiered with 1,635,000 viewers, truTV’s biggest audience ever for a new series launch.
• The premiere episode also scored truTV’s biggest deliveries of men 18-34 (206,000); men 18-49 (494,000); men 25-54 (532,000); and adults 25-54 (812,000) for a 2009 series launch.
• Additional deliveries for the premiere include 341,000 adults 18-34 and 767,000 adults 18-49.
• CONSPIRACY THEORY scored tremendous growth compared to the same time period last year, with total viewers up 82%, adults 18-34 up 33%, adults 18-49 up 66%, adults 25-54 up 67%, men 18-34 up 84%, men 18-49 up 74% and men 25-54 up 77%.
• The premiere also garnered extraordinary growth when compared to the same timeslot during the four previous weeks, with total viewers up 80%, adults 18-34 up 53%, adults 18-49 up 58%, adults 25-54 up 62%, men 18-34 up 53%, men 18-49 up 74% and men 25-54 up 83%.
truTV is television’s destination for real-life stories told from an exciting and dramatic first-person perspective. Currently seen in 91 million U.S. households, the 17-year-old network is enjoying its best deliveries ever in key demographics. truTV features high-stakes, action-packed originals that give viewers access to places and situations they can’t normally experience. truTV’s primetime fan favorites include the original series Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura, Black Gold, Operation Repo, The Smoking Gun Presents… and Forensic Files. During the daytime, the channel features expert trial coverage under the name IN SESSION.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.
We are now accepting pre-orders for our healthy and delicious storable food. Stock up today!